THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Problem with model 7 bolt freezing-up

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with model 7 bolt freezing-up
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted
Please see my post in the gunsmithing forum and offer any opinions or share similar experiences you may have had.

http://forums.accuratereloadin.../9411043/m/278100789

Thanks

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had the same problem with a model 70 winchester,lucky for me it was only a meat doe,tore the bolts apart and cleaned with gasoline,applied 2 drops of lite lub to finger and then applied to firing pin spring,no more problem for cold weather hunting(was -10)
when it warmed up went back and properly lubed all working parts.
later after drawing late season bull tags repeated the "cleaning and lite lub " and spent worry free days at -20 hunting big bulls.
couln't imagine having to watch the "trophy" of a lifetime walk away.
sad story,good lesson,good luck

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote