New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia monster whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This monster buck was shot the other day in Meriweither county,Georgia... it was over 205"B&C..AWSOME BUCK!!!!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted Hide Post
Monster buck, but it won't net anywhere near 205 given the common base G3/4 on the left side. The common base G3/4 on the right might score as typical points, but the one on the left almost certainly won't.

All that said, who cares! I'm not one to worry about how a buck scores and I'd have pulled the trigger on him in a heartbeat.

Troy Hibbitts

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the posted photo you really can't tell if they are common bases or not. Measure it SCI and don't worry about it.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Troy Hibbitts:
Monster buck, but it won't net anywhere near 205 given the common base G3/4 on the left side. The common base G3/4 on the right might score as typical points, but the one on the left almost certainly won't.

All that said, who cares! I'm not one to worry about how a buck scores and I'd have pulled the trigger on him in a heartbeat.

Troy Hibbitts

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that deer doesn't need a score

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo beerAMEN animal

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't care what the numbers would be. I'd PUT HIM ON THE WALL!!! Big Grin

That's a great buck.

Any further info on it?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:

Thats my hold as well....I may score mine just to know what they are, but goog is good and big is big.

He's realy big.

Besides all he needs is 15" of abnormal points to go non-typ doesn't he? I'm not sure without looking it up.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just found out it green scored 207"and after deductions its scoreing in the 180's according to the shooter's friend's report on it... thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I said score it SCI, no deductions involved, just plain old system of recording all the "bone" it grew. I agree, score is secondary, this is a truly trophy deer in any book.

Hi Blackbearhunter, the 300 H & H is shooting like a dream, thanks again.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by blackbearhunter:
Just found out it green scored 207"and after deductions its scoreing in the 180's according to the shooter's friend's report on it... thumb

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to put that one on the wall!

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a Super rack.Kind of spoils what hunting is about if you have to argue about what it scores.To me a trophy is in the eye of the hunter no matter a Spike Buck or a turdy pointer!!!!! Frowner

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was gonna post the 12 pt. I shot in MT....but after seeing this, what's the point? What a friggin' monster! Screw the deductions!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:

AMEN!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

clap

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome rack! Meriwether has some great deer to be sure!

Thanks for the share Blackbearhunter!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Might wanna use a little less rifle, blew the antlers right off! Very nice. Scores are a bit overrated....

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
What a deer!