Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap Thrills..... Wyoming Style
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not to steal G-Dub's thunder...
We had a visit minutes before he hit the road on his latest adventure and I was suiting up for mine.

Spent 2 nights on the Mt. Slept on the ground and ate out of a can.

Walked 12.79 miles according to the GPS. Only cut 1 set of Griz tracks and he was headed the opposite direction I was. Busted timber and walked trails for a few fresh brown elk horns and 1 deer horn.
While stumbling around in the timber I cast my eyes upon this treasure and the pack gained 25 Lbs. It was a long trudge up out of the valley.

Enjoy and safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks like there isn't much snow up north in your neck of the woods! Frowner

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great finds. Looks like an excellent cogitating trip.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R,

I'd say that the second pix make my stuff like the rumble of a distant echo.

Mighty fine, Mighty fine!!! tu2 tu2

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks
Steve
we are doing better then the pics show. Good winter snowpack but we could use some spring moisture.
Thanks JAH, Its my annual elk horn run. Used to do ALOT more, then I built a house and earned a mortgage.

G-Dub
Those are kind words, You ever decide to travel North, make sure you stop in.
I could use some picture taking advice from a master.
The only thing different about our photo's is geography...

Good to see some of the "Old Guard" showing themselves. Been awhile since I've seen a couple of those handles...

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Joe my daughter still talks about the cowboy and her "cowgirl" friend. I hope you two are doing as well as we are down here in the SW.

Keep posting! You are keeping the dream alive.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Did you not bring your dog?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Well done! I need to get out and stretch the legs, as well.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted
my buddy brought his dog, mine doesn't ride
a 4 wheeler.
He's good company and well trained
so is his dog.... rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ravenr, great story. What kind of pack do you have?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
larrys
Usually I'm wearing my Alaskan frame but this year used a 4600" internal frame by REI.