New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser Chronicals
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In getting my Blaser R 93 synthentic ready for my Oct WY elk hunt I need to fit another scope to the 300 Win Mag bbl to act as a spare. I removed the Leupold 3.5x10 LR M3 [ballistic cam] and installed a Leupold 2.5x8. I adjusted the 2.5x8 to the same place on the bore scope to make sighting in easier at the range. Then I re-attached the LR scope. I took this bbl to the deer lease last weekend.
I was hoping to shoot a pig with the 375 H&H tracker bbl loaded with Federal Factory 260 Accubonds to report the results to AR, no pigs were seen.
On the last day I changed over to the 300 Win Mag bbl. I have a steel gong hanging in a tree at 300 yards. I set the scope for 300 and fired my elk load a Federal factory 200 gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaw. I was shooting standing, using the cargo box on my ATV for support. I had my pack under the fore end and was in a hasty sling. First shot hit the gong. [It is about 9"x12"]. I loaded 2 rounds of RP with the 180 Accutip [bought on sale not yet shot on paper] and fired these at rocks at 150 yards just to heat up the bbl a little. Then I fired another Federal TB which also hit the gong.
So even after removing and reattaching the scope, and putting the bbl on the reciver, the first shots from a cold or a hot bbl will hit the mark at 300 yards.
The more I shoot these Blaser R 93,s the more I like them. thumb Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of THellURider
posted Hide Post
I've been hunting with one since I was 16. nothing beats em. Best hunting rifle in the world. thumb

~Marcus

Posts: 47 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw you antelope, very nice.
I have killed a few with a 300 WBY myself. That is the great thing about a 300 Mag, it works for all NA game.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the great thing about the rifle, you are only a barrel change away from what ever you need. .222 to 416, all in one!

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote