New
Find
Notify
Tools

woodleigh bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are Woodleigh bullets accurate? I am considering trying their 200 grain 30 caliber Protected Point bullet for my all around big game bullet but also want excellent accuracy. I cannot seem to get the 200 grain Nosler Partition to shoot in my rifle accurately. Rufous.

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
<SkiBumplus3>
posted
I have used the 250 grain WW for a few years and have found them to be very accurate in my .338WM. Each recovered bullet looks like a button mushroom.

Ski+3

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my 300 H&H the 200 gr. Woodleighs are very accurate, but then the 200 gr. Noslers are just as accurate as the Woodleighs in my gun....Could be your gun doesn't like heavy bullets...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have gotten extremely good accuracy with Woodleighs - far better than with Nosler partitions. But that could be me.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
I cannot comment on the 30 caliber, but the 416, 505 and 510 diameter bullets have all been accurate and stellar performers on game as well.

Todd E

<monz>
posted
The 286 and 320 grainers are very accurate in my 9,3�s.

<JohnT>
posted
Rufous,

"Premium" bullets like the Woodleighs are not supposed to be as accurate as conventional softs. However I have found the 270gn .375 Woodleigh PP to be superbly accurate in my Sako .375. Not only that it is also suberbly accurate in my friends Ruger magnum .375.

To get that accuracy in a premium bullet is a big bonus. In Australia they cost less than the equivalent Hornadies due to our lousy exchange rate.

Some people say they are too hard & just drill through smaller game. But on smaller game a .375 is as big as an expanded .30 Cal so I don't really buy into that argument. Better over penetration than not enough IMHO.

Can wholeheartedly recommend the Woodleighs.

Regards,
JohnT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reckon woodeligh bullets are the ducks nuts, I get good accuracy from them in both my 30/06 and my .416 Rigby. I have also had good results with the 45/70 405 gr woodeligh's through my Marlin.

There good value for us Aussies.

------------------

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote