New
Find
Notify
Tools

My sheep hunt in the Yukon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just returned from a very pleasant hunt in the Yukon with Chris Widrig as outfitter.Dont have much to complain about.Will try to test my ability to attach pictures

-

-

these pictues are copies of the real thing to reduce loading time, lets see how they come out

sheephunter

[ 09-08-2003, 03:13: Message edited by: sheephunter ]

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Certainly nothing to complain about from the looks of you trophies. Nice Bou and sheep. Lets have some details of the hunt.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Great animals!! Get some rest and fill us in!

Congrats,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Sheephunter!

Nice looking animals there! Makes me wanna go out and try some more for those blasted bighorns! Do tell all about it...

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter,
Great sheep and caribou. Great pictures too. I have a moose hunt booked with Chris Widrig in September 2004. Can't wait. TTS

Posts: 84 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheep Hunter,
Looks like you had a good hunt!

I used to guide for Widrig. I am trying to place the lake in the background of your caribou pic. Which lake is it? Who was your guide this year?
I have been to alot of places in the north and that country is some of the nicest that I have ever seen.

congratulations,

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good hunt!

Why'd you take the gumboots off the sheep b4 you took the pic? [Big Grin]

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the smiles,

Daryl the lake is called Bonnie -Plume or something like that.Gorgeous country.Its all included in the hunt [Smile] .
I didnt quite like the resolution of the above pictures ,so will see how the originals get resized.

-

-

-

-

makes it tough to stay home and wait for next time :>
sheephunter

[ 09-08-2003, 03:21: Message edited by: sheephunter ]

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 09-08-2003, 03:22: Message edited by: sheephunter ]

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 09-08-2003, 02:10: Message edited by: sheephunter ]

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 09-08-2003, 02:11: Message edited by: sheephunter ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
sheephunter,

Congrats! Looks this a terrfic hunt in some beautiful country. Reminds me of Alaska...

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
much Weidmannsheil! Great pics, super trophies!

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter,
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Really like the ones with the lake in the background, awesome country. Excellent adventure!

This kind of post keeps me going until my first hunt of the year, which by the way is a do it yourself rifle bear hunt next week on the Snake River in Idaho. The weather just cooled into the 70's after being near 100 for two months, can't wait to get going.

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is really beautifull country. Congradulations on a succesfull hunt and thanks for sharing it.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your kind words,
a true life experience, though its slightly more expensive than a session c a shrink "to find yourself" ,probably more lasting though [Smile]

-
ride from base camp to spike camp

-

thats what we call hunting [Smile]

sheephunter

[ 09-09-2003, 07:18: Message edited by: sheephunter ]