THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Animal-rights activists turn to violence

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Animal-rights activists turn to violence
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of kk
posted
Quote:

kk you definitely smacked a home run with your post. Erudite, accruate and the truth. well done!

Thanks for the compliment. However, in addition to being right, we need to learn to be effective.

The one thing the animal radical cannot stand is when you don't take them seriously.

I mock them every chance I get, and I have been effective in getting them stuffed in a box. That's why I call Jeremy Rifkin "Brother Hallelujah!", although I didn't in the above post, or refer to Tom Regan as a marijuana buddhist.

Back in the '90s I wrote a piece in a Michigan magazine that drew a death threat against me from P*TA. It scared the local DA so bad he gave me a concealed carry permit for a year.

(For those that don't know, an asterisk (*) was/is used as a wild card in DOS. Therefore, it can mean anything. So if you substitute other vowels for the E in PETA, you get PITA, or pain in the ass, and PUTA, which is Spanish for whore.)

The P*TA letter said that as far as I am concerned, "nothing less than justice will suffice."

Patrick Preston was (maybe still is) legal counsel for the HSUS in Washington. He told me he had posted some of my quotes on the walls of HSUS headquarters as, "examples of the types of people we (HSUS) have to deal with."

I got one of them so angry he issued a threat of arson on a computer bulletin board and got the whole organization booted off. (A bulletin board was the precursor to a website.)

These people can be beat quite easily, but not by bellying up to the bar every time they toss out an insult. Try insulting them back. They hate it when you call them stupid, and they hate it worse when you can prove it.

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kk you definitely smacked a home run with your post. Erudite, accruate and the truth. well done!

Posts: 119 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote