THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Alaskans - wasn't there a Heym 600 NE for sale in a gun store there a while back?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaskans - wasn't there a Heym 600 NE for sale in a gun store there a while back?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know where it was and if it is still there? A phone no. of the store would help.

Many thanks.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Great Northern Guns. I thought I saw one there and they have some of the high end stuff. I don't have the #.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Northern Guns phone # (907) 563-3006

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes, great northern had one - I had to stop going into that place, was like a junkie walking into a pharmacy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Great Northern up and they said the rifle was sold quite some time ago. [Frown]

Thanks for the info guys!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 grain,

I really don't think you would have wanted it. It had to weigh at least 16 lb. and the barrel looked like a truck axle.

Posts: 12930 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That rifle came out of a Fairfield CT Gunsmithing Inc. I looked at the dam thing myself, and I can tell you that I would not want to have to carry that thing all day in the sun and heat. 16lbs and then some. It was a good looking rifle but, It would have been a way better deal in .416 Rigby. Rimmed cartridges, like the .600 belong in single shots or doubles.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George Semel:
16lbs and then some.

>>Mac<< [Confused] 16 lbs is very heavy for a 470, and it could not have been a factory Heym, but a rebarreld one if it weighed 16 lbs!

It was a good looking rifle but, It would have been a way better deal in .416 Rigby. Rimmed cartridges, like the .600 belong in single shots or doubles.

>>MAC<< [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Rimmed cartridges do not belong in a double rifle????????????????????? That is the only cartridge that does belong in a double rifle! [Roll Eyes] .

[ 11-02-2003, 20:06: Message edited by: MacD37 ]

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote