Find
Notify
Tools

270 WSM Accuracy Update
 Login/Join

<Caveman>
posted
Hey Guys,

I shot my new Model 70 FWT 270 Short Mag today. Let me tell you, I was more than pleased with it!! I shot the Winchester Supreme 130 grain Ballistic Silvertips out of it. Today, after sighting it in, I shot a 3 shot 1/2" group and another 3/4" 4 shot group with it at 100 yards. Right out the box, all I have done to the gun is lighten the trigger!!! The recoil was exceptionally light. The gun kicks no more than my Pre 64 Model 70 FWT 270. At first I was thought someting was wrong with it because the three rounds in the chamber were so tight. But, that is the nature of the cartridge, because they are so fat. I was more than pleased!! Anyway, if there are any prospective 270 WSM buyers out there, I just wanted to let you guys know that mine is a shooting S.O.B.!! I love it.

ADIOS,

Corey

<MOA>
posted
I had the same results with a classic ss 270 WSM. I think they are inherently accrate. Right out of the box with a lightnened trigger I got 3/4 moa 3 shot groups with a whole box of ammo. I have found my new LR deer rifle! This thing shoots FLAT! Oh Yeah I was using win supreme 130 BST also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now, that sounds like a great round!

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote