New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bennett Creek HC and 50 Inch Rattler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Today we had our yearly Work Day at Bennett Creek HC in Alabama. We have a few Woody's members in the club this year and Rick(Gadget),Sheldon(SheldonMOAC),Steve(Limbhanger),Brandon(Hintz),Robert(Huntr4Life),Lloyd(Humantermite),Wes ,Curtiss and myself took care of planting 4 new plots, fertilizing and over seeding 8 existing Duranna Clover plots.

Curtiss,Robert and Brandon also took care of checking the gates and installing a new one that had been bulldozed by someones truck.

I was really surprised at how well the Duranna did this first year and at the amount of use that the plots have seen from the deer and turkey. We've now got 8 Duranna Plots and 4 Seasonal Plots on 1,100 acres.

Rick(Gadget) fertilizing one of the Duranna plots.

Lloyd(Humantermite) working the Tractor

From left to right (Sheldon,Robert,Curtiss and Wes watching the tractor work.

Now.....This is where things get a bit touchy. We are sitting at camp unwinding from the day and Rick and Sheldon come rolling in on Sheldon's Rhino. The spreader is attached to the back and Rick asks me to check it and see if there is any seed left over.........Something told me NOT to lift the lid.

This was what was inside.:hair::hair::hair: A 50" (We actually measured it) Timber Rattler......That was damaged but very much alive.

Notice Wes,Sheldon and Steve a good 10 feet back as Rick decides to demonstrates the proper technique for handling a Timber Rattler.

A close up of the business end of the beast.

Rick showing off the now deceased snake.

This is the 3rd Rattler taken at the club this week including a juvenile so we are going to thin them out when we see them.

I want to thank all of the members who contributed today and busted their tails to make the club that much better. I really appreciate the effort.

Robert

Bruz

"Honor,Courage and Character"

NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 342 | Location: Jawja | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote