Find
Notify
Tools

Elk Outifitter's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
I would like to plan an elk hunt for 2006 or 2007. Not necessarily interesed in taking the biggest bull in the woods but more interested in having a quality hunt and the opppportunity to take a nice bull. Can anyone recommend an outfitter or place to start? This would be my first elk adventure.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 872 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've got a pretty good outfit in Idaho, drop me a line if you would like more information.

aspenhill@triton.net

~Ann

Posts: 19315 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your question covers a lot of territory...and in the end it will come down to how much money and time you can spend. Probably one of the best places to have a really good opportunity to shoot a decent bull would be to go on a private land hunt near Craig, Colorado. Take a look at www.elkhornoutfitters.com. There are several good outfitters near Craig, some will charge less and others will charge more, but you would probably shoot a decent 5x5 with Elkhorn Outfitters. The best bet is to go through a good booking agent. I have come to like Cabela's because they offer a range of prices and they are pretty upfront about what you should expect (Cabela's books hunts for Elkhorn Outfitters). But the Atcheson family also has an extremely good reputation. I would avoid public land hunts unless it is genuinely remote..where an airplane is needed to access the hunting grounds or a long horse back ride is involved. And if it seems like a really good deal, it probably isn't.

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I am going to send them an email.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 872 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Contact Johnnie Hamilton (a/k/a F.Concolor on this forum) at 719-846-3559. You will not find a more honest or hard working outfitter.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Be glad to give him a call.

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za