THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Unlucky in the draw? I have very good Antelope left.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unlucky in the draw? I have very good Antelope left.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
We have managed to secure some Antelope tags in an exceptional area that borders our main ranches. We have had our eyes on them for a while, the deal just came through and we will be hunting them this year.

This is in the same area where we are running the other New Mexico Antelope hunts. A few AR members are already booked to hunt here with us this year.

The price is the same as our other Antelope hunts:

$1850 for the hunt
$115 New Mexico tax
$216 Antelope license, habitat stamp etc.

Includes guide (2x1) Food and lodging. We will run these hunts out of a hotel in Tucumcari, NM.

Those of you who know me know I am not prone to exageration. This is a unique area, the Antelope here are extremely good. You will see some Antelope that will make you drool.

These Antelope are only hunted on odd years 2001, 2003, 2005 etc. So, they were not hunted last year.

Here is the catch. They are tough to hunt. These guys are not going to stand around and let you try two or three shots at them. If you miss once or twice, it is possible that you will go home empty handed. They are about as wild as an Antelope can be.

You will need to be able to stalk, and shoot well. You should expect shots of 250-350 yards. If you can make a shot at this distance, you will have a very good chance at shooting an Antelope that is 16" or better. Of course, there will be some larger ones taken, and a couple smaller, but I think 16" is a very reasonable expectation in this area.

Anyone who has already booked an Antelope hunt with me, in New Mexico, can switch their hunt to this area if they so desire. Since it is all under the same outfitter, there is no problem doing this. Just give me a call and I will tell you more about the hunt.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
By the way, those of you who are booked, we have been getting good amount of rain lately!

Good news for the horns.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
That's great news about the rains Wendell. We are patiently waiting until September finally gets here. We're looking forward to the hunt.