Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my GPS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Oh, the irony!

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Shit happens..... [Roll Eyes]

I hope you had a compass with you... I personally don't like to depend on "batteries" [Eek!]

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve y:
Oh, the irony!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the title. [Big Grin]

Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It knows where it is but you don't? Many helicopter pilots here in Mexico carry a hunting type GPS on their kneeboard. Works great and cost a lot less than the $1500-$2000 types that are made for aircraft.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Think about it....the GPS can't be lost, so you must be you who is lost! Shades of the Twighlight Zone !!
*G*

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete, I like your logic. That has to be correct.
Maybe the bill collectors won't find me.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<AZOnecam>
posted
Too bad it's not one of the 2-way radios w/ GPS. I lost my camo motorola radio in the desert, but luckily was able to find it by having my buddy scream in the other one while I backtracked.

Seriously - sorry for your loss. If you are going to replace it, look into the E-Trex Vista - it's a great little unit.