New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady SST
 Login/Join

<S.B. Hooper>
posted
I am going to try some 150 grain SST Hornadys in my .308 for some white tail deer this fall. Does anybody have any experiences with the 150 SST that they would like to share? I am going to use Varget powder as it produces 2650 fps in my short Model 600 with the standard 165 Hornadys. I thought that the 150 SST bullet should really be good, especially since the velocities are not really too high with the short barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I killed 5 deer with Hornady SST in 2001-02 season
3 does and two nice bucks. Excellent bullet good accuracy. Used 130 gr. in .270 Win & 165 gr. in 30/06. All one shot kills, range from 45yd. to 225 yd. One buck with 06 & one with .270. The SST is a excellent bullet for whitetail. It should peform just fine in the 308 Win.
Good Luck!

<jayloar>
posted
I think you will be very pleased with the 150gr 30 caliber SST. I took a mulie and an elk last year with that same bullet. I was shooting a 300WSM however at 3250fps. Even at those velocities I was pleased with the performance although I've moved to a stouter bullet for elk this year. Accuracy was very good and performance was very good. You'll like it.