New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Deodorizing well-used boots
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Once you deodorize your boots, buy some new insoles (inserts), but not the ones that are made of a jelly-looking substance. Buy at least two sets of the ones that are made of foam with a cloth layer on the top. The ones I am talking about are made by Dr. Shultz (something like that), and are molded to a foot's shape. Some are quite expensive, but most cost around $6.00. The foam allow the sweat to move away from your feet, while the plastic ones don't. Also, buy some foot/shoe deodorant, spray the inside of the boot with the deodorant, and then place the insole inside the boot. Finally, buy a boot dryer.

At the end of the day, pull the insoles out of the boots, throw them in the washer, and place the boots on the boots dryer. Leave then there overnight, and the next morning, don't use the same insoles you have already washed, since that one has to be completely dry before you use it again. Use a brand new one, and don't forget to use the deodorant like the previous time. That's my routine, and my feet never stink, not even when i wear my wok boots every day.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, folks.

I'll be trying these ideas out ASAP.

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote