Find
Notify
Tools

Loss of one-of-us: JIm Yackley
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Jim Yackley passed away today. He's been a regular feature on A-R for some time. I'm 10-4 that Jim could be a little...'outspoken'. Lets just say he enjoyed spirited conversations.

But he was a good man and a good friend. He was a Vietnam Vet, retired Army Major, serious hunter, great wing shot, and loved to talk all things guns. I had to be careful about telling him about something I needed or was looking for at gun shows as a package would show up from him containing the item and he wouldn't ask for anything in return. He was a first class finder of obscure things.

Several of us hunted with Jim multiple times. He will be missed.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, my condolences.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of different items from Jim within the last year and they were always as he represented them. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences to his family.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're losing some good ones again. Sorry.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With Jim's passing, I lost a hunting buddy and friend. We have been to Argentina a couple times, Namibia, and on Niihau twice to whack some pigs with Matt Norman.

He will be missed, and fondly spoken of by many for a long time to come.
God bless his soul.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP and condolences........

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote