THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone Care To Defend Practices Shown Here?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Care To Defend Practices Shown Here?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://real-hunters.com/full.swf

The above should link to a video on the commercialization of hunting; game farms.

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
your link does not work

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The link worked for me. E-mails to my local representatives and those in Washington will go out today.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redhawk1

Initially I had the same problem. For some reason I had audio and no video. I believe I right clicked and did a quick download of Flash-(something) and the video was available the second time. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not at my office.

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a lengthy discussion w/ a poll reference high-fenced hunting not too long ago.

The commercial game management/hunting operation(s) depicted in the video paints a sad picture. Many agree that such operations pose a significant threat to the future of lawful recreational hunting.

Greed for money and the lust to satisfy big egos are difficult to overcome for some. I was greatly disappointed to see Jimmy Houston involved in such a canned hunt as shown in the video. For every Teddy Roosevelt we get who stands up and fights for the highest ethics we seem to get a whole bunch of self absorbed front men who are only out to sell a product and make a name for themselves regardless the cost.

GVA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well that sickens me first thing in the am. i think jimmy houston is junk for sinking tot that level and i hope all his sponsors get pressure to drop him.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Canned "hunts" relate to true hunting the way prostitution relates to true love.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4206 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Bagging your quary is the gravy.... Having scouted, stalked and all of the other parts of the hunt is the fun...

The whole concept of a "canned" hunt sickens me... If you are too egotistical, too big and powerful to take the time off to go through the entire hunting process then you need not hunt at all from my perspective....

When I'm lucky enough to get drawn, I enjoy the entire process of the hunt from beginning to end whether I am successful at putting meat in the freezer or not... Sorry for the soap box guys but I just had to add my two cents.

Ken...

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
WOW-I realized that some of this activity was going on-but not to that extent. Now I pose a question to all-Who defines canned hunting? I oppose such small enclosures and deem it killing and not hunting, and not sporting in the least, but what about the 20,000 acre fences in Africa? What about these same fenced areas in Texas?

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

While I am very against "canned" hunting, be aware that this is how a lot of "hunts" are going to be managed in the future. Many states are more than happy to have this revenue stream, despite what the game wardens are screaming to them.

Be it by a game lease (with high fences), or what not, more and more people today are using such things to get the trophy. Side effect of the short attention span of today's people.

For me and mine, I prefer an actual hunt in the weeds and trees to shooting a penned animal.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
After watching the video, it was even worse than I thought!

But I wonder if all those outdoor channel shows don't do something similar.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote