New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Reading a thread yeterday,someone mentioned the Tikka T3.Has anyone got the scoop on this one.A friend of mine has a Tikka Whitetail Hunter in .270.How does this rifle differ in barrel length,materials, caliber choices etc?Any info on buttplate adjustment systems typical of other Tikka offerings.I am interested in a rifle that could grow slightly with my 14 yr old son in terms of length of pull. Thanks Turnerhunter

Posts: 111 | Location: Turner Valley, Alberta | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I recently purchased a T3 in 308 Win. I am working on finding a load that it likes.

As far as fit, finish and value, it is hard to beat this rifle in my opinion. It has excellent workmanship, a decent price and a nice, smooth action. Compared to the Rems and Wins in the same category it is a great value. I hope that helps.

G23c

Posts: 13 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
Couple weks ago the Bass Pro Shop here in the DFW area had their big Fall Bonanza Sale. I went to look at the Tikka WT Hunter's they had in 7RMG and 300Wmg in blue w/black carbon stocks at $399 and to see if they had a T3 yet to compare. The differnces are somewhat apparant when you look a the T3 by itself, a solid nylon drop box magazine that appears much cheaper made, and the smallish crude looking magazine release latch being moved to in front of the trigger guard. The T3's stock also appeared to be much thinner but that may be a product of the 308 Win that the T3 was in as opposed to the much larger mag' calibers in the WT Hunter that were on the sale. Overall I was a little disappointed in the fit and finish of the T3 and started to buy one of the 300Wmgs in the older styled WTHunters because of the price...and probably should have. I shoot a Savage 116 SS 300Winmg and was considering the 300WTHunter as a replacement for it. I also shoot a 270Win in a wood stocked Std Grde WTHunter, and while the stock is a little thick and clublike especially thru the wrist I really like the way the gun shoots...and thats the bottom line no matter how a gun looks in this price range. Haven't seen or heard anything from the local retailers yet on the T3's just a lot of bitching about Beretta's changing their dealer policy's and distribution system on SAKO and Tikka since the buyout. Regular price on the 308Win T3 at Bass Pro was $449 with rings compared to the WTHunter's regular priced blue & black guns without rings @ $459 non Mag's & $479 in Magnums. So the $399 was a great price! I missed out 2 years ago when BPS ran the same sale on WTHunters @ $299 and $319 and sold out 40 some pieces in a day and a half.

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote