New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Exotic Hunt Near DFW
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friends, I will be in the Dallas area for depositions for a few days late may/early june and was thinking about hunting for a day or so while there. Anybody have a rec for an outfitter in that general area?

Spare me the anti-high fence/exotic dogma, please. I agree free range is better; and if my depos were set during the whitetail rut or turkey season or in the Zambezi Valley, I'd do those instead.

I wouldn't mind getting a black buck or axis that I wouldn't/couldn't get free range elsewhere.

Thanks.

Posts: 52 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Lots of places to shoot those two and others. There was a two for one on Blackbuck recently, but I passed it because I already have my wall hanger an d they are so small, I might need 3-4 of them for the freezer.
How close to DFW do you need to be ? 100, 200, 300, 400 miles?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Within 2, 3 hour drive or so? I'm flexible for the right spot. Thanks!

Posts: 52 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obviously, you can google and dozens of outfitters pop up. I'd prefer a good AR reference though. Also, if it's a 5 hour drive, I'd be interested so long as it's a good operation. Good folks. Good food. Good scotch. Etc.