Picture of CaptJack
posted
I saw this ad in the back of American Hunter magazine - looks pretty handy
"every poacher's dream come true"
http://www.tpoststepper.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably need a half dozen to get over a Texas fence! Smiler

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:

YEAH - I wonder if they have a "High Fence" package - discount Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Actually not a bad little invention... on the other hand it's another piece of crap to lug around repleat with its own Cordura case. Well, at least it's not a camo case...

one of us
posted Hide Post
They've been around for several years.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah , I can see some 320 lb dude decked out in all his Cabelas finery perched halfway up a shaky steel post in a high wind......maybe it's rained alot lately and the ground is REAL soft........OOPS ! (grin)

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptJack:
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:

YEAH - I wonder if they have a "High Fence" package - discount Smiler

The "Texas" high fence package comes with 6 steps, an emergency parachute, and some meclizine for those with vertigo! hammering

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but how do you get the fencepost back out from up yours

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
but how do you get the fencepost back out from up yours

animal jumping animal

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one several years ago and it fits neatly in my fanny pack. The step placement is also critical. Notice the pic. Place it as low on the post as possible and they work great.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
They've been around farm supply stores for more than twenty years. They used to cost $2-3. I guess when they became hunting gear they got a lot more expensive. I'd check the local feed store and see if they don't have them at a more reasonable price, because they do work great.

butchloc, try a comealong, or use your atv winch Big Grin

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
Just remember that if it fails and you send it back for a refund to remove all parts of your ballsack.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Actually, the electrified top strand tends to make you jump way clear if it has any contact with whatever might be hanging out of your shorts. Very amusing to watch.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
I bought one a couple of years ago and it works great for guys like me. I don't have short legs, I just have a very low crotch! Big Grin

Bowhunr

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend in Edmond, OK owns this company. Any one that works around a farm or is a bird hunter will find this gadget very valuable. It is aluminum and weighs virtually nothing. Very easy to carry in your bird vest. It realy works and makes a great sportsman gift. Makes crossing a fence really easy. Just keep one in the door of you truck.

Bulsprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just more crap to lug around. I much prefer the gate.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can cross a fence pretty fast without one of those, but I'm not 100 pounds overweight like some hunters either.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have one it works. Anyone whant to buy it? It does work well but I have found that I dont ever use it. Every year I add to my hunting life I try to get stuff out of my bag and this was one of them.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good way to stick a fence post through your abdomen or tear your sack when your foot slips off the little step.

MG

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Outside of using the gate or climbing up a corner, I normally bird hunt with a partner. One of us will pulls the strand of wire up while the other goes through it. Repeat for the other person. I've hunted in Texas like this for years...

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have these in stock and avaiable on my secure web site order page @ www.hunters-hq.com

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote