Find
Notify
Tools

Boone and Crockett?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
Every year my Rotary Club here in south Georgia offers a deer hunt for handicapped hunters. Some years it is at Nilo Plantation; this year we had it at Fowl Town Farms. We usually have about 8-9 hunters that come. They get to hunt on Friday afternoon, spend the night at the plantation, then hunt again the next morning. Some of the stories of how much these guys enjoy this event will bring a tear to your eye.
This year we had the hunt this past Friday and Saturday. You wouldn't believe the buck one of the guys killed! Might make Boone and Crockett. Gross score was 168. All the more impressive considering it's only an eight-pointer. Take a look at this!

-

[ 11-10-2003, 07:01: Message edited by: Spring ]

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know who's smile is bigger, mine or the lucky guy who got to take such a nice buck!! [Big Grin] That's great to see people who still get out an enjoy the outdoors no matter what hand they have been dealt. My hat goes off to everyone involved in helping anyone who has a hard time getting around enjoy life as much as the guy in the picture!! [Wink] A SMILE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS. [Smile] Get out and enjoy it while you can.
Tony

Posts: 132 | Location: Anacortes WA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bravos, all around! Great program.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote