Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheSilverFox
posted

Posts: 60 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
It looked staged. Either way, you are correct in calling him a retard.

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SilverFox.

Either way it's idiots like that who manage to shoot someone else Mad instead of doing a Darwen on it and conveniently removing themselves form the gene pool Wink

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking Dave, too bad it wasn't under his chin when it went off.

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe there's one with the same fella and an autoloader shotgun. There'll probably be a series as I haven't see him with a rifle yet.

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, once again some prove that Darwin was right... hope he learn't a lesson there.

10,75Mauser

Posts: 18 | Location: East-Norway | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
It only reinforces my opinion that 90% of the people in the world are just using up valuable resources. boohoo

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
This is just what the anti-gun nuts need to make hand gun owners look like retards. nut

This boy needs to be neutered so he will not produce any more of his kind. homer

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's bad, but this is worse, in my opinion:

Firearms Safety Lesson

Remember, he's the only one in the room professional enough to carry that Glock 40...

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have seen cops do dummer things. Witness that LASO shootout (between the cops only, bad guy had no gun) a couple weeks ago. It's amazing only one cop was hit by friendly fire. shame
I thought I should add, I have many LEO friends & my father is a retired cop, so I get a lot of stories.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
In the LASO fiasco above, 10 officers, 120 rounds fired, 4 , FOUR !!! , hit the intended target !

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/negligence.mpg

Another clip of an officer missing a shot; this time it's a good thing. Amazing no one was hurt.

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've also seen that video in roll call training at work. Both are terrific examples of two things:

1) Never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to destroy whatever the gun is pointed at.

2) ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

It's frightening how often these rules are disregarded as being ridiculous.

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
As soon as the round went off in the first vid, his buddy starts laughing. I fail to see the humor in that situation before you even know where that round went.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I've seen this video a number of times, and IIRC, it's completley staged, and I think they were trying to illustrate a "what NOT to do" scenario for safe gun handling..

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
KEEP YOU FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
I'm sure everyone on this forum knows these 4 rules BUT! I probably should have put all down just in case! You can never practice enough gun safety!

FIREARMS SAFETY RULES

1. ALL guns are ALWAYS loaded.

2. NEVER let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are ON THE TARGET.

4.ALWAYS be sure of your target, what’s behind it and around it.

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375hnh:
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking Dave, too bad it wasn't under his chin when it went off.

DGK

And part of your sigline is "deal fairly"? Smiler Dude, I think you've got it right that the guy's a clown, but I personally think hoping he would have blown his head off instead is a bit much!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm really sorry. I couldnt resist. I mean. Oh nevermind

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Army they told us there is no such thing as an ACCIDENTAL discharge. Only negligent discharges (unless you meant to pull the trigger). Webster's defines "accidental" as "Occuring unexpectedly, unintentionally or by chance."

In the case of firearms none of these apply. "Unexpectedly"? If their finger was on the trigger you can expect the gun to fire. "Unintentionally"? They may not have "intended" for the gun to fire but they didn't intentionally keep their respective fingers off the triggers. Therefore they are NEGLIGENT of not keeping their fingers off the triggers. "by chance"? Guns are in animate hunks of metal(or polymer plastics) and will do nothing without action from some outside force.

Webster's defines "negligent" as "1. The state or quality of being negligent. 2. Failure to exercise the degree of care considered resonable under the circumstances." Just for reference, negligent is defined as "Careless or casual". These very much apply in these and pretty much any "unintentional" discharge of a firearm.

The DEA agent said he will "probably never be allowed to show guns again". Dear God we can only hope! I sure don't want my boys learning gun safety from a "professional" who "accidentally"( Roll Eyes) shoots themselves in the leg while showing an "unloaded" gun to the class. I see video like this and watch the cop shows on TV and wonder if any of these people have ever heard the conceps of "line of fire" and/or "crossfire". It's trully a wonder more cops aren't "accidentally" shot by their fellow officers. I'm sure they (at least the ones in these videos) are good officers but I wouldn't want to serve with them. They should have teir badges taken away. They're obviously careless and carelessness gets people killed. It's totally unacceptable.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bloodnativ:
When I was in the Army they told us there is no such thing as an ACCIDENTAL discharge. Only negligent discharges (unless you meant to pull the trigger). Webster's defines "accidental" as "Occuring unexpectedly, unintentionally or by chance."

In the case of firearms none of these apply. "Unexpectedly"? If their finger was on the trigger you can expect the gun to fire. "Unintentionally"? They may not have "intended" for the gun to fire but they didn't intentionally keep their respective fingers off the triggers. Therefore they are NEGLIGENT of not keeping their fingers off the triggers. "by chance"? Guns are in animate hunks of metal(or polymer plastics) and will do nothing without action from some outside force.

Webster's defines "negligent" as "1. The state or quality of being negligent. 2. Failure to exercise the degree of care considered resonable under the circumstances." Just for reference, negligent is defined as "Careless or casual". These very much apply in these and pretty much any "unintentional" discharge of a firearm.

QUOTE]

While I agree that there are precious few instances of true ADs, I believe that a few do exist. A few years back I was hunkered down in a blind on a local river. A flock of birds came in and my buddy and I readied ourselves. My finger remained off the trigger and my safety was on. When they were in our faces I rose and mounted the shotty in one motion, and picked a bird. As is somewhat typical with me, a split second before I was to pull the trigger, with my bead on the target, I flicked off the safety and took a half step forward, leaning into the shot. Unbeknownst to me, there was a small hole/depression in the water right in front of me (we were in thigh deep water at the time), and when I took that half step forward, my foot found nothing to support it, and much like finding an unexpected stair (or lack of one) coming down a staircase in the dark, I stumbled forward. Just as I was about to hit the ice-cold water, I must have tightened my grip on my right hand in a subconscious response to entering the icewater. The 12 ga discharged harmlessly in the water front of us. No injuries other than to my pride, but I was troubled by the AD. I'm sure plenty of folks will still disagree, but in my book, that was an AD, not a NG.

Any others care to share any of what they consider to be ADs? Note: not interested in a pissing match, just sharing opinions.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:

While I agree that there are precious few instances of true ADs, I believe that a few do exist. A few years back I was hunkered down in a blind on a local river. A flock of birds came in and my buddy and I readied ourselves. My finger remained off the trigger and my safety was on. When they were in our faces I rose and mounted the shotty in one motion, and picked a bird. As is somewhat typical with me, a split second before I was to pull the trigger, with my bead on the target, I flicked off the safety and took a half step forward, leaning into the shot. Unbeknownst to me, there was a small hole/depression in the water right in front of me (we were in thigh deep water at the time), and when I took that half step forward, my foot found nothing to support it, and much like finding an unexpected stair (or lack of one) coming down a staircase in the dark, I stumbled forward. Just as I was about to hit the ice-cold water, I must have tightened my grip on my right hand in a subconscious response to entering the icewater. The 12 ga discharged harmlessly in the water front of us. No injuries other than to my pride, but I was troubled by the AD. I'm sure plenty of folks will still disagree, but in my book, that was an AD, not a NG.

Any others care to share any of what they consider to be ADs? Note: not interested in a pissing match, just sharing opinions.

Can't argue that. There are a few instances (such as the one you just described) where an AD is truely accidental. Fortunately I've never had one and hope I never do. That certainly is not meant to look down on anyone who has. I understand why they taught us the "No AD, Only NG" philosophy in the Army and I guess that's stuck and keeps me on a high state of awareness whenever I am handling firearms (not to say that anyone else isn't). We could sit here and second guess what happened to you (or anyone else) 'til the cows come home but that wouldn't be right or even fair. Hindsight's always 20/20. As long as we learn something from the misfortune of others then I think we'll all be ok. Thanks for sharing your story.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bloodnativ:
QUOTE]
Can't argue that. There are a few instances (such as the one you just described) where an AD is truely accidental. Fortunately I've never had one and hope I never do. That certainly is not meant to look down on anyone who has. I understand why they taught us the "No AD, Only NG" philosophy in the Army and I guess that's stuck and keeps me on a high state of awareness whenever I am handling firearms (not to say that anyone else isn't). We could sit here and second guess what happened to you (or anyone else) 'til the cows come home but that wouldn't be right or even fair. Hindsight's always 20/20. As long as we learn something from the misfortune of others then I think we'll all be ok. Thanks for sharing your story.

Sure, and while I do understand those who feel that any unintentional discharge (no resident wise-arses pouncing on the 'unintentional discharge' as it relates to the bedroom?!? You guys are slipping! Wink) is synonymous with a negligent one, I'm a bit leery of absolutes, and thought I'd try to illustrate with a personal anecdote that there are in shooting, as in most things, some instances that just don't really fit into the standard mold or definition. Wink

Thanks.