THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Man body slams young bear for attacking fawn.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man body slams young bear for attacking fawn.
 Login/Join

<leo>
posted
Heard this last week on a morning drive-time radio talk show. A man visiting Great Smokey Mountains Nat. Park was incensed by a young black bear that had attacked a fawn(other people watching nearby too). He kicked the bear several times but it would not let go of the fawn so he picked up the 45 pound bear(guessimated I suppose) and body slamed it to the ground. They didn't say wether the fawn was o'k or not nor the where abouts of mama bear(maybe it was orhaned). The man was cited for interfearing with wildlife(or something like that) and could be fined as much as $500.00 for the offense. How does he stand to watch "Animal Planet?"

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
This kind of thing really irritates me. It is getting to the point that everyone has been what I call "Disneyized", that preditors are unnatural and eating meat is "bad". Everything needs to eat and fills a roll in life on this planet. Disney has made sure to promote the message that any form of eating meat is bad and evil, for both humans and wildlife.

Society is buying it in truck loads.

That's why that man attacked that bear. Disney has told him bears should not eat meat. What a bad bear!

Once, at work, I watched a Cooper's hawk catch a sparrow to feed itself. One of my co-workers also saw it and he flew out the door trying to stop the action. I was certain he was going to draw his gun over the whole thing! He would not speak to me for days after I said something to the fact that the hawk was entitled to eat too.

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy would have felt funny if Momma bear had come out and "Body Slammed" him. [Big Grin] Now THAT would have been a cool news story!

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Man some people are dumb!
Let's hope he tries it on mamma bear the next time [Big Grin]

City people and other urban scmocks, that don't have a clue about nature, really irritates me!

Thankfully I was raised on a farm, so I know where the meat comes from and I have alwas taken a great intrest in wildlife.

I did something simulare when I was around 6, but in an oposite way. I killed a mouse the cat where casing with a rock. Tried to help the cat [Big Grin] The cat was happy and eat the mouse. It didn't care about me spoiling the chase. I like cats.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSEK
posted Hide Post
Even though I would have loved to have seen the guy taken out by Mamma Bear, we are luck it didn't happen. She would have likely have been killed for attacking the idiot.

Posts: 308 | Location: In transit | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poor dumb bastard, wish mama had been around to chew his dumb ass up a little.....Guys like that leave me puking.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of the most interesting wildlife watching I've done was seeing predators with their prey: Alaskan brownies fishing for salmon, a bobcat with a fresh killed cottontail (bunny still wiggling), another large bobcat with a dead deer (don't know that the cat killed the deer), and right here in town a kestrel eating a pigeon on a city sidewalk! It's interesting stuff, and well worth watching. A fellow can learn a lot about the whole predator/prey thing. Then there are the hunters over a fresh killed elk! That's a predator/prey relationship too!

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
M700, I am sure bobcats do prey on young deer. Wildlife research in Florida showed that bobcats were a serious predator on deer in that state.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can understand a person doing a thing like that but I was in Yellowstone national Park a couple of years ago and a bunch of people were sneaking up on several fairly large Elk who where laying down in the brush. I saw a Park ranger who had told the people to leave but it appeared that these visitors did not speak english. After the Elk departed on there own I asked the Ranger what he would have done if the elK decided to make shiskabob out of the foreigners, since he was only armed with a 9mm side arm. He replied that he would have not shot the animal since the animal was not be the agressor and the chance of injuring other people was high and the 9mm would have done little, he said he would have picked up the peaces and wrote citations for disturbing the wildlife. Justice at last.

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Ranger Dave>
posted
Some people are so stupid. Mama bear should have smacked some sence in that dumba$$!

one of us
posted Hide Post
He's lucky that cub didn't tear him a new ahole.A 45 pound bear would have about the same strength at two big men,plus he's got sharp teeth and claws.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a Dork, Bears eat things like fawns, hell that is what bears are suppose to do. Then again maybe he figuired that the Picnic Basket was where the smarter that the average bear was supposed to get his snack. God dose protect fools.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the observers to this act didn't really believe that this was the proper course of action; if so, then more bunny huggers will be departing this world via the swift and painful justice of Mother Nature in the form of animals that don't **** around with humans that interrupt a natural process - for all the do-gooders that want to protect all the young creatures, please come to Alaska, notify the local bear hunting community so we can watch and have one more good laugh at your ignorance - I will check the regs to see if this is a legal form of baiting for black bears (not legal to bait grizzly/browns) [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
What an idiot...

WHAT does he think bears eat? Corn flakes?

As someone else said, some of the best things I've seen have to do wiht predaors attacking prey, whether it was an eagle catching a fish, or wolves feeding on deer they had run down.

The bear might have been an orphan- taking an easy meal away from it might be giving it a death sentence- bet the asshole didn't think about that...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatehouse:

WHAT does he think bears eat? Corn flakes?

It is a generaly accepted fact that bears eat porridge (Goldilocks et al)

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The orphan factor really pisses me off. The fact that momma bear wasn't around makes me think the cub is an orphan. Babies aren't usually good at hunting, and the poor cub may indeed starve.

Most of the time, humans suck.

[Mad]

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a bear story i thought I'd pass on as it seems to fit here.
A fellow here in my small town, he's not a hunter or fisherman, so shouldnt be to big a lier told it! he installs recording systems in courthouses ect, and drives a car pulling a utility trailer for his gear. he was about 10 miles from home on a state road and a bear ran up over the bank and smack into the side of the trailer he was towing. Ken had to go down the road a ways to find a place to turn around in, and when he got back another car had already stopped. A crying, wailing woman was going on and on, poor bear, poor bear. Why did you hit this poor thing, on and on. Ken said, "it hit me!" At this point the husband or guy she was with had grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and the hide by it's butt and was useing his knee to hump it along to the edge of the road. Ken said I see the bear shake it's head a little, and started to say something. At that point the woman see and yells, Harold the bear! The bear wakes up and starts to growl and paw the air and Harold has it by the neck and ass. Now the woman is screaming, let go of the bear, HAROLD, LET GO OF THE BEAR! Harold gave it a running shove down the bank, they jumped in their car and away they went. Ken laughed all the way home.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It can be a bit of a culture shock when "country" meets "city"...

A group of our youth from church went on a day trip to Washington, DC. While they were walking down the sidewalk, a pigeon flies into a bus - WHAM!

Now it's flopping around in the street.

James just walks over, picks up the bird by the head, gives it a quick twirl, and plops it into the trash can.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

My, you should have seen the looks he got from the city folk... [Big Grin]

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the original story:

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/site_map/0,1406,,00.html

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
<BigFoot 15-4E>
posted
He had best stay away from vacationing in South America. There is a beach down there where the Elephant seals come each summer to give berth and mate. The Killer Whales are well aware of this and routeenly swim up on the beach, snatch young seals and take them out to sea to eat and to train their young how to catch and kill seals with the still living pups.
Judging from this village idiots lack of what any one would call the most minimum of common sence, I can just see him swimming out to his doom, that is if I can stop laughing long enough to pick my self up off the sand. Guys like him make one realize the need for laws prohibiting family members from having children together.
It never ceeses to amaze me that litterally without exception, that fully 99%+ of the bunny hugging morons I encounter like this mongloid idiot have absolutely no understanding or knowledge what so ever of the term ecosystem homeostasis(sp?). Or in simpler terms, how and why of the genius that is nature has worked perfectly for 100s of millions of years, and will continue to do so long after the human race has gone the way of the Dodo.
I wonder if he was in any what related to that activist that was goured to death while protesting the running of the bulls in Spain? Thay both sound like prime canidates for the Darwin Award.

[ 07-31-2002, 08:18: Message edited by: BigFoot 15-4E ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man I wish mamma was around to give a little back to him in spades. that would of been good. I would pay to see that.

brian

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess it all fits in with the liberal mindset.This person went there to see nature and wildlife and yes,even to see the animals interact.But as soon as he saw something he did'nt agree with,he steps in to "right the wrong"(yep,nature's predator prey system is just plain wrong).If this cub(yep,I believe this was a bear cub)would've done a song and dance number with the fawn like in Disney's Jungle Book,he would've gotten a nice warm fuzzy feeling and everything would have been "right with the world".Typical liberal though,if they see something they do not like ,no matter that it is perfectly normal and natural,then the liberal must step in to interfere and make things "right".He could have saved himself the heartache and a lot of money and just stayed at home and rented some Disney movies.Would've seen what he wanted and not waste near as much time.Regards.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
gee, i wish we had some idiot's like that up here in ontario,after moma bear killed a few, (bears are becoming a problem)we would get our spring bear hunt back.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote