Find
Notify
Tools

best .224 bullet for elk?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
....gotcha! Wink

"Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." ~Titus 2:6-8~

"No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did; and no day was every more clouded than the present! Wisdom, and good examples are necessary at this time to rescue the political machine from the impending storm." -- George Washington, letter to James Madison, 1786

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Die Wahrheit wird euch freimachen.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a 60 gr Nozler partition would do it.I have seen this bullet take down Moose.Matter of fact National Geographic just had a program about Moose in Urban areas.The Animal Control Officers in Stockholm Sweden use a Ruger Mo..77-22 Hornet.They use a 35 Gr. V Max and use head shots.They go right down.I have personally seen Inuit Hunters take down Moose with 223 using 55 Gr. ball.Have a nice day Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a 70gr TSX, dropped her dead in her tracks.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 56hawk
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the bullet, but a friend of mine keeps talking about building a 22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer. Should work pretty well on elk.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Michael458 I bet he'd say BBW#13 62gr. That little bullet gives a $hitload of penetration, probably from stem to stern!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
This has been discussed on accuratereloading.com before. I think the questions has been adequately answered:

22 Caliber on Elk

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There ain't no BEST.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
....gotcha! Wink

Maybe one of those long carbon ones, with feathers...

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
150gr .228Barnes QuickTwist

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Easton 2216

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Easton 2216

Now yer talkin!!!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote