New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Wyoming Lease??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a line on a lease or a tresspass fee for an area in Wyoming? I am looking for just a fun hunt with not alot of other pressure. It would be best if the area was open for deer and antelope at the same time.

Thanks for an information and leads,

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
IMHO most any Wyoming ranch that is big enough to have decent deer and antelope is going to either be leased to an outfitter or be conducting hunts of their own. There are some that will charge you a daily trespass fee but don't expect to get an exclusive on it. Places like you probably have in mind know very well what it's worth.

Find a large, family owned ranch that operates their own hunting operation. Pay their going rate and have fun. Might want to start looking in the Buffalo, Kaycee, Clearmont, Newcastle, or Moorcroft areas. Ranches along the Powder River would be good choices as well.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Over half of Wyoming is public land. Put in, and if you draw go hunting.

Some of the ranches that allow access, that charge access fees, are in draw areas that usually have left over tags that anyone can draw, you may have to contact the G&F to find out such ranches! I live in the Big Horn Basin, and I don't know of a single lease. Most of the private ranches are like Matt said, leased to an outfitter. But that doesn't mean you can't out bid an outfitter and get the lease.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote