New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Deer Lease
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking about starting the process of finding a Texas deer lease. I've found several sites: leasehunter.com texasleaseconnection.com and texashuntinglease.com. Can anyone recommend one of these sites or any other site as being a reputable site. thanks

Posts: 88 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've not heard anything bad about any of them. I've used texasleaseconnection.com and found it satisfactory. Good stuff can go pretty quick so you night consider using all of them. Local gun stores and feed stores can be good sources of information also. Many small town papers are now online, and their classifieds can have listings in them. Search for the newspaper of the county seats of the counties you are interested in.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can also touch base with the local chamber of commerce in a town or region. They also have information in areas that heavily rely on hunter's dollars.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you plan on leasing whatever size lease you're looking for only for yourself or family/friends then you need to be diligent in your reseach not only on the lease, cost, etc but on WHO you will be sharing the lease with. Different groups have widely varying views of how things should be done, blind preferences, guests, paying for feeders and feed, etc. etc. Be certain the other leasees on the lease you are considering have a similar general outlook and actual rules that you can mesh with.

Another thought, depending on where you will be hunting, some leases are just deer, hogs, etc and have separate quail hunting leases or have an upcharge for all activities. Don't assume anything. Ask any questions or concerns you have BEFORE you consent to the lease.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote