New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Remington Accutip
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw the Accutip cut in half, and it sure looks like their Interbond bullet to me, but that doesnt mean that is what it is.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Like I said, it is to Remingtons specs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I decided that if it is just a SST, I might as well reload some BT's. Hodgdon Manual shows 43 gr. Benchmark behind a 150 BT at 2702 FPS. Good nuff' Really don't need to go much faster, the pressure is low, and in all my experiences Benchmark is extremely accurate.

Posts: 61 | Location: Deep Fork River Bottoms, Oklahoma | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any experiecne with Remington Accutips? Just bought a Ruger M77 International .308 and was thinking it might do well. Is it just a glorified ballistic tip? Thanks!

Posts: 61 | Location: Deep Fork River Bottoms, Oklahoma | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
The AccuTip is the Hornady SST. It is a slightly tougher customer than the Ballistic Tip (but, I do mean slightly).

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
At Bass Pro Shop today, I spoke with a Remington rep. and asked that very question. His response was vague: "There is a relationship between Hornady and Remington."

This response was after I made him feel stupid I guess. I asked if Remington was ever going to produce a LEFT handed long action in stainless, and he said that they do and have for 2-3 years now. I said, standard long action, as in 30.06? He replied, "yes." I told him they needed to update their website, catalogue, and get their personel to get with the program then because there's no mention of it. He picked up a current catalogue and looked. He was wrong.

I also asked about Nosler and Rem. not working together any longer. He responded: "They've just dissolved their relationship." Either he didn't know why or couldn't say or wouldn't.

Put in a call to a someone who only sells Hornady for reloading in his shop. He stated that the Accutip is made by Hornady but to the big Green's specs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The AccuTip is the Hornady SST. It is a slightly tougher customer than the Ballistic Tip

Well at least according to Hornady. I have used the NBT and SST performance is similar (very accurate and expansive wound channels).

Save some pennies and buy the red tips (SST).