New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boys locked in gun safe!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok who wasn't watch Eekering their kids!

3 boys locked inside Utah gun safe for 40 minutesAP foreign, Friday August 15 2008 ContentType:Spot Development; ContentElement:FastStory; Breaking:True;

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Three boys are doing fine after spending 40 terrifying minutes locked in a gun safe at a sporting goods store in Salt Lake City.

Firefighters drilled air holes into the 4-by-4-foot safe Thursday, then used tools to rip a steel panel from the back.

The boys are 9, 12 and 13 years old. They got locked in the safe when a friend shut the door as a prank at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Store employees tried but couldn't enter the right combination on the digital lock. A crowd gathered for the rescue.

The boys were hot and thirsty but otherwise fine.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have been pretty small boys to get three in to one safe Eeker 9,12,13? Maybe the selves where out?
Glad they are OK!
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Glad they are OK. There's not an abundance of air in a safe for 3 kids to breathe. Thank goodness the FD could rip it apart in short order. (Now why couldn't the employees open it? Panic, perhaps?)

I bet those boys never try that stunt again... Smiler

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9410 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
We inadvertently locked one of our pet ferrets in a gun safe a few years back. He was pretty hot and thirsty after about an hour, so I can imagine how three kids felt! I wonder if the three lockees pummeled the locker later when nobody was looking...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
We inadvertently locked one of our pet ferrets in a gun safe a few years back. He was pretty hot and thirsty after about an hour, so I can imagine how three kids felt! I wonder if the three lockees pummeled the locker later when nobody was looking...

I was thinking the same thing. Bet someone got a tune up in the parking lot! 2020
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm glad to learn the kids were found alive. sadly, one can only imagine the lawsuits if they had died.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many times that incident will be discussed at family get-togethers over the years?? animal

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 13 yr. old is obviously an idiot , i hope his parents dont take him hunting any time soon, or at least dont let him handle firearms.

one of us
posted Hide Post
i am glad nobody got hurt in the prank.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone concerned is damn lucky the perpetrator didn't panic and run out of the store, then it would be tragic not comedic.

It is surprising how often and how many times you have to "fool" with a new gun safe's combination to get it right. Maybe th employees had the wrong sequence, maybe the lock wasn't set yet, panic, who knows?

IMO the parents should have to pay for the safe, it is ridiculous how many parents go into stores and turn their kids loose to roam around, who then promptly procede to act like they've never been out of a cage in their life. Even more amazing to me is the parents of said children who observe such behavior and tacitly approve by taking no action. Of course, in this case, they were involuntarily re-captured. Roll Eyes

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
parents should pay for the safe but the reality of it is i bet the parents will have a lawsuit against dick's within weeks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must not have been much of a safe if the firemen got in so easily. Must have been loud on the inside.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poulsbo:
parents should pay for the safe but the reality of it is i bet the parents will have a lawsuit against dick's within weeks.
Yep.

What I want to know is, where were the parents and why were the kids "turned loose" in the store?

I like being a customer, when their are kids around causing trouble unsupervised, I get a chance to say something that I could not say when I was store manaqer.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I am laughing my butt off. This is HILARIOUS!!!

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
This one time I think PC is the correct thing . . .

Parental CONTROL!!

Must not have been any

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is some funny shit right there.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote