New
Find
Notify
Tools

best medicine for the 300 rum?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
whats everyone shooting in thier rem 300 rum?

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Mine likes 180gr Barnes X in front of RL25. Got 3405fps ave, MOA accuracy.
Russ

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,
That's good news...I'm just about ready to do some load development with the TSX in my 700LSS...I was thinking around 91.5gr RL25...but was wondering what you were using.

I know my rifle will be different than yours, but was just wondering what charge range I'll be looking at.

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been using 180 gr Nosler Partitions with 7828 loaded to 3150fps. Can't remember the exact grains but very accurate. I didn't go any further as it was just before hunting season started last year. I shot 3 deer with this load with ranges from 75 to 175 yards. If I could find some Retumbo locally I'll try it as it supposed to be excellent in these large capacity cartridges.
Ralph

Posts: 284 | Location: Plant City, Fl,USA | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
The load of RL25 was the max in either the Hornady or Barnes manual (sorry, I suffer from OACRS- Old Age, Can't Remember Sh*t). I'll check my load diary this weekend and get back to you.
Russ

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote