New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Whitetail hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I cannot draw a Mule deer tag this year! So far I have struck out in CA, CO and ID. I’m pretty sure I won’t draw in WY either. Since I have an ID license can someone please tell me where to start looking for a whitetail hunt? Not looking for a private land hunt and would be happy with a small buck. My father will be in ID in July and he’ll be able to do some scouting but we don’t know where to start!

Thanks for any help!

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy a whitetail tag and spend late November in the grangeville area hunting fed/state land near private land. The big bucks are really rare anymore on non private land, but it's about the only huntable animal left since poor forest management was compounded with wolves.

Walk the ridges.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I hunted black bear out of Elk City last September on the Nez Perce NF, and saw so many white tails I almost thought I was somewhere in Texas.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Those are the areas we put in for. Looks like we might be going there after all. My dad is planning on camping in that area around July looking for areas.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote