New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Extra Elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard rumor tonight of some extra tags that may be available for some regions. Has anybody else heard this? Little lat to call FWP office right now, but thought I'd ask.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Mike, they go on sale tomorrow, I've got the list at the house. You can go to F&G tomorrow and hook yourself up. There wasn't anything that I was interested in.

You can also buy as many does tags as you like and a couple of extra doe lopes, which I'll do for me and the wife.

I drew a carp buck (muley) for the Bridgers and a mtn goat tag also (after 25 years of trying), so I'm not too interested in the extra tags.

Except for a extra whitey tag for north of town. I do like those hay fed whities!

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like alot of them are for the Estate (mostly private land) areas. I was luck enough to draw an A9 for public land that runs into Jan. I love those doe tags, my A tag hits the grinder pretty quick...

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
snowcat which A9 did you draw?

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. Didn't figure they could be anything too spectacular, but you never know what might slip through the crack. Thanks

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark-

292--East Garnets. 1/2 BLM and I know some of the ranchers on the private. Should be a good meat hunt.

I saw that there's some tags for 283 (Morrison Peak), that's a decent tag--there's elk and its good country to be in for a few days, with snow on the ground a guy should do well. 30 mi. E of Missoula.

I see lots of 300's, anything worth the effort? I killed a couple of bulls on the Robb-Ledford but not for several years...

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote