Find
Notify
Tools

Top of the North American Food Chain
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Saw an Alligator eat a Black Bear this weekend. Wonder how many times the Gator loses to the Bear. How do you think a Polar Bear would size up to a large Gator? In all honesty, I think that death from an Alligator or Crocodile would be the absolute worst. First you get bit, then rolled and ripped apart just before you finally drown.

I get a chill every time I come around a bend in a tight creek and see a big gator jump in the water close to my boat. Amazing how far and high they can jump!

There is a guy that just moved down here from NY and is doing paddling tours to see Alligators on Kayaks. Some people do not learn even after the tragedy that occurred with the toddler at Disney World. You have to respect wildlife! The commercial fisherman dump the bycatch off of their boats so our Gators associate humans on boats with food.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you think a Polar Bear would size up to a large Gator?

depends where it was, in the polar bears back yard the gator would be frozen stiff, in the Gators pool, the polar bear would be dead from heat stroke.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Humans are at the TOP of the Food Chain, World Wide!

If we weren't, we would not have survived to become the Dominant species on the Planet!!!!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The top of the food chain is well secured by the Virus and Bacteria clans plus other bugs.

As to the original point of this thread Polar Bear wins. Walrus bearde seal or Alabama Gecko, same result.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sorry, if humans were not at the top of the food chain, this site would not be here and this discussion would not be taking place!

C'mon folks, get REAL, look at how many species thru out history Humans have pushed into extinction!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be curious to see what the end result of our first lottery gator hunt is. I'm really surprised they limited it to counties they did as I'd bet money we have a higher gator density in Brunswick county.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big lizards don’t scare me. I actually like them.

Me in Burkina with a live croc

That said I have stopped paddle boarding in the lake behind my house. The lake has gators.

On my Kayak I bumped into a gator who had no clue what bumped him. The reaction was violent as the gator tried to dive to the bottom. The process of diving actually resulted in the tail coming out of the water and whacking the front of the canoe and it created a damn big swirl of water. I retired my paddle board cause if was on the paddle board I would have been thrown off and it is super quite so high risk of bumps. I will use it on calm days in the ocean and take the risk with sharks.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Mike
I’d like to see you do that with a croc in Zimbabwe Wink

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
Mike
I’d like to see you do that with a croc in Zimbabwe Wink

Those damn overrate zim phs in their daisy duke cut off shorts are too scared to go near any live crocs for me to pet dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Sooner or later: sooner or later you'll be chewed if you keep that up, no matter how long you've played patsy with 'em.

That's the report I want to read about!! "After"

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top the food chain?

Bacteria. They adapt faster than humans, were here before and will be long after. Can survive at -30 and +120F. Kills people and other living things with impunity.

We are not at the top....

Posts: 10277 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote