New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outfitter questions/phone calls
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the protocol on calling your outfitter prior to a hunt. I am leaving in 24 days for MT I have questions but should I wait till nearer the time so I can also get a weather forcast? I don't want to be a pain in the ass though

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I would call him now to give him time to get back in touch with you. I would also keep a list of questions you need to ask him handy do he can answer all of them. You dont really become a pain in the ass until you keep calling him to ask questions that could have already been answered. As for a weather report, go to weather.com and print it up before you leave, it will give you a 10 day forecast.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Drum said have your list of question ready. Your outfitter is very busy this time of year taking care of his clients he has now just as he will take care of you when you are there.
As to the weather, you have more time to get this info on your computer than he does.
No matter what the weather he just gets up and goes to work.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys Will do

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote