New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Tags. Get anything good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I screwed up and didn't get my papers and checks in the mail! homer Anybody draw anything good?
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, I guess I get one more preference point added to the basket.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having just moved here I didn't get a chance to get in on any of the drawings so I bought 30 Super Tag chances for Bison, Elk and Antelope.

Allen Glore

"Annoy a Liberal, work, succeed, be happy"

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elk...above Jackson

Willie B

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Well I got an antlerless elk tag for south of Havre.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, second choice.......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrosVentreGeorge:

For the Bearpaws?
I have hunted elk over north of Rudyard on a friends farm on the Milk river breaks. Always get there right after they cross through his property. Seen some HUGE deer up there, and infact shot the biggest muley of my life on his place.
MM

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew a cow in the Black Leaf on the east face, pretty much a sure thing if the weather cooperates. I can't complain cause I drew and shot a nice Bull there last year.

Posts: 266 | Location: Montana, up on the Highline | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Montana Maddness:
quote:
Originally posted by GrosVentreGeorge:

For the Bearpaws?
I have hunted elk over north of Rudyard on a friends farm on the Milk river breaks. Always get there right after they cross through his property. Seen some HUGE deer up there, and infact shot the biggest muley of my life on his place.
MM
Yep in the Bears Paw Mountains or the breaks. The tag is good in either 680 or 690 districts.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a goat tag in 314 and my usual OTC sheep tag for 300, hunting both since the areas actually overlap.
I have a A-9 cow tag south of town, let's see if the Burcellois problem actually opens a few gates. Could be a two elk year since this is in addition to the regular tag.
Got a mulie doe tag in my regular elk area, no one seems to put for them there and the does are generally wandering around my camper in the morning, easy meat, I hope.
No word on antelope but we should get tags in 700's since my wife and I put in together and she always get what she wants...

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HunterMontana:
Well, I got a goat tag in 314 and my usual OTC sheep tag for 300, hunting both since the areas actually overlap.
I have a A-9 cow tag south of town, let's see if the Burcellois problem actually opens a few gates. Could be a two elk year since this is in addition to the regular tag.
Got a mulie doe tag in my regular elk area, no one seems to put for them there and the does are generally wandering around my camper in the morning, easy meat, I hope.
No word on antelope but we should get tags in 700's since my wife and I put in together and she always get what she wants...

Dang dude!! I'm raiding your freezer after Dec.Wink Good luck with all that!
MM

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drew a 530 Mulie tag and a B whitetail tag for North of Roundup. Still waiting for antelope results. You would think they would come out first being its the first big game you can hunt. Was given a nuisance tag for elk in the Bear Paws last year but never saw a cow after the regular season closed. Tough to get acess as Faber has most of the land leased for his outfitting business but stop at FWP and they can give you the names of the people who wanted some of the elk shot off there property.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From 1980 until 2001, I drew a license every year except one. Since then I have been at about 50% and zero for three when applying for the general deer only license. Will use a different strategy next year. Good luck guys!

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no draw for father/son antelope hunt near Winnett.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
maddness and george - you guys are dang near in my back yard. if you get up this way, let me know.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antelope results are available on-line with your ALS#. As expected we got tags in 700's. We will stay out for a week and generally get the extra doe tags, this year 2 each. So, since Lori has a new rifle she will want to whack 3. I can't help myself and am OCD on filling any tag I have. I'm thinking about not using my 270, maybe just the 7.62x39 to slow me down. If we are successfull on all counts all our friends and relatives will have some nice game meat this year.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
maddness and george - you guys are dang near in my back yard. if you get up this way, let me know.

Will do. Get through there once in a while. Usealy on the bike heading East for something or the other. Never have hunted up that way I hear the stink goats are awsome.
MM

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Nope, the only thing we put in for was moose. The area i hunt elk in now has 6 days of either sex elk so....we'll see Wink

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son drew a brow tined/cow elk tag in the Game reserve east of Clearwater Junction. I am planning to accompany him to provide bear defense...same area a gentleman was mauled to death 3 years ago. Plan on carrying pepper spray and either our 375 ruger or 12 ga with slugs and buck. The Girz hear a shot and think it is the dinner bell...

Came across two large cubs last year ON the road just outside of Shanley Creek...Seems like there are lots of bears in that unit.

Cheers

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
Didn't put in this year for the first time. Over the counter tags are a sure thing and good enough for me and my son. Not sure it's worth it putting in for hard to draw areas like The Breaks. Too many people putting in have reduced the odds and made it a joke.

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew a buck Antelope in 401, Sweetgrass Hills.
dancing

Posts: 266 | Location: Montana, up on the Highline | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
paladin - are you in my neck of th woods? PM if you want.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am up in the Shelby, Conrad area about 35 miles from Canada. Where the wind blows, ha ha

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where the wind blows, ha ha

i know what you mean ~ same deal here with the wind, usually.

i don't get up to shelby much since 1989, but last year we stopped for supper after a football game in sunburst. i was disappointed to find that your howard's pizza was gone, but we found a very good chinese place just across the tracks.

the town looks good and i'm glad to see that some communities still have (and support) their "main street businesses!" if you get toward chinook, let me know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, our variety of eating establishments are starting to shrink. Next time your in town I suggest the Sportsmans Club on Main Street.