Find
Notify
Tools

anti fog wipes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
Anyone knows if anti fog wipes might damage the glass coating on scopes / binos?

Trying to duplicate somehow bushnell's rainguard properties useful for those beautiful rainy, humid and even cold hunting occasions Big Grin , I am just about to buy these ones (great price for this product, considering my distance limitations) but I have learned the hard way that cheap things are sooner or later expensive ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Wipe-N-Clear-Lens-Cleaning-Clot...p1638Q2em118Q2el1247

So, anyone has tried them?

Experienced advices will be appreciated !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nikon makes some that work like magic for me...little tear apart pouches and one time use cloths. Work great and they have not damaged my coatings.
You may also want to try Ops Drops for sale with the military folks. One drop on the lens, rub in with soft cloth and the fogging stops. Kinda leaves a soft haze though, so it is my 2nd choice.

Best of luck!

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
No they will not hurt them at all.

But I will give you a tip.....for years and years I used IVORY SOAP yes just old fashiond bar shoap rub your dry finger over the bar untill you get a bit on your finger then coat all your glass...binos, scope, or eyeglasses they will not fog that day. Repeat every morning...I am a lifelong eyeglass wearer the soap works!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote