THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Trespass fee areas around Buffalo Wyoming.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trespass fee areas around Buffalo Wyoming.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted
I may try to make a last minute Antelope hunt this fall. Unfortunately I can't make any real plans, do to scheduling conflicts. I love the Buffalo Wyoming area and wanted to know if any of you know of any trespass fee hunting properties. Love hunting Pronghorns and access is always an issue. Last time I was there, OTC tags were available. Is that still the case?
Thank you in advance.

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't blame you, as I wouldn't mind living right there at the gateway to the mountains either! Give it about 10 days until the draw is completed and the leftover list comes out. If there are any tags left, call the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and they should be able to funnel you to a rancher or two in the area that allows access for a fee. Toll free # is 800-227-5122

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
06 thanks for the info. I love hunting the high plains with the Bighorn Mtns in the background. The old west history in the area is so interesting as well, with Crazy woman canyon, Nate champion and the KC ranch etc. I love driving around finding historical place markers.

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Contact the Sheridan office of Wyoming Game and Fish. They will send you a landowner list that has the rancher's name, acreage and phone number. If I'm not mistaken, the list may even have some information about what the rancher charges for access. I've used this list quite a bit back when I hunted around Kaycee, which is just south of Buffalo, and that list was a great resource for good hunting. We took pronghorns, mule deer and whitetails on the ranches we gainted access to from working off of the Fish and Game list.

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
WV2WY hunts south of there and may be of help as well.

http://www.hilandoutfitters.com/Home.html

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Ann, is this someone you are working with? I should have known to call you first !!! I may be taking the guys from Animal House Outdoors out there to film an Antelope hunt for their upcoming show on the Sportmans channel. Looks like the first airing is 1st qtr 2012.

I will give you a call.

Martin

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
I see that there a re plenty of left over Antelope and deer tags. What I need to do now is find land to hunt then see if there are OTC tags available.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Martin