THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Defenders of Wildlife's latest newsletter

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defenders of Wildlife's latest newsletter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Unfortunately, my wife receives lots of newsletters from Defenders of Wildlife trying to get her to join. I thought I'd pass on the bullet points they're using to pick up new members. Where the lines are in italics they had underlined. Bold words were bolded.

1. Secretary of Interior Gale Norton has already taken the first step to prematurely remove federal protection for wolves. If this happens, wolves could be wiped out in Idaho or ruthlessly hunted as "trophy game" in Wyoming.

2. In Alaska, legislators are working to reinstate shameful same-day "land-and-shoot" hunting of wolf families. (You remember the terrible practice of using airplanes to track, exhaust and kill wolves.)

3. High-ranking government officials are using their power to allow foreign tuna -- caught while inflicting harm to dolphins -- to be sold in your grocery store as "dolphin-safe" tuna.

4. And Manatees in Florida are still being mutilated and killed by careless speedboaters. 95 manatees died in gruesome boat-related deaths just last year, yet the federal government has done little to protect them.

Next, they explained why they need my wife's money. They continue to refer to "renewed" support as if she was recently a member.

Dolphins - Defenders needs your renewed support to keep foreign-caught tuna from being sold to you as "dolphin safe," when in fact, it's not. It was caught using dangerous encircling nets that can kill dolphins ... or cause dependent calves to be separated from their mothers... and inflict large doses of harmful stress on these carefree and lovable mammals of the sea.

Wolves - Your 2003 renewal support will also help Defenders go to court and stop Secretary Norton from turning so-called "wolf management" over to anti-wolf state governments. Idaho legislators have vowed to remove wolves from that state "by any means necessary." And in Wyoming, wolves could be hunted as "trophies."

Manatees - Recently, Defenders along with other groups successfully lobbied to designate certain waterways as sanctuaries for manatees in a small section of Florida. But the fight is far from over. Many waterways are still left unprotected and Defenders needs your renewed support today to continue working to protect manatees.

Polar Bears - Defenders also needs your support to keep Big Oil out of sensitive denning areas for polar bears like Alaska's Arctice National Wildilfe Refuge.

[ 06-24-2003, 03:42: Message edited by: parshal ]

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those people are full of more crap than a Christmas goose.
My wife and I had the distinct displeasure of hearing the sounds of a beef cow being pulled down and killed by a pack of Arizona's reintroduced Mexican Gray wolves. The sounds lasted over twenty minutes as that poor animal was being eaten alive.
Another incident. It was near dark and I was making a very short hunt up a road, on foot when something caught my eye. It was a pack of those Gray wolves, again, and I have no doubt they figured I just might be dinner. When I reversed my course to go back to the truck, they reversed their course and continued to follow me. I was elk hunting at the time and I think my .35 Whelen just might have been more than they wanted to tangle with, because government regs or not, I'm higher on the food chain than they are.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arn't they a bunch of bloody lunatics [Mad]

What infuriates me is that these bastards are no better than people who embezzle retiree's savings. They prey on on people who are often vunerable and always ignorant and un-eduacted on the matter.

Quite often on Oz TV late at night the "Humane Society" pushs there cart for money, the stupid morons can't even get there own footage of wildlife they use re-hashed stuff from documentries by the looks of it. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote