THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Narrow hunting/hiking boots for women? *UPDATE*

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Narrow hunting/hiking boots for women? *UPDATE*
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
Mrs Blacktailer is looking for some light hiking boots for our upcoming hunt in Argentina. Problem is she wears a 10 AAAA, Yes Quad A! Even most narrow hiking boots require her to wear 2 pairs of heavy socks and extra insoles to get anything closer to fitting.
We have had Loveless and Schnees make her riding boots but were trying to find something off the shelf. Any of your wives know of anyplace that sells extra narrow boots?

Mrs Blacktailer ordered a pair of these.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/wom...-ws-stone-p_id177976
We just got them today and she hasn't hiked in them yet but the 9 1/2 Narrow seem to fit her well and she is happy dancing

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blacktailed,

I recently guided a couple on a desert bighorn sheep hunt. She was very petite and wore Kenetrek boots, as did her husband. May be worth a look for Mrs. Blacktailer.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two pair of Kenetreks. One of them fits like a dream and the other are so so. I've heard of several female hunters that have really like them though.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll check them out.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
My daughters have pretty narrow feet. Asolo makes some comfortable hiking shoes for people with narrow feet. I'm not to sure about what models they have .

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
We've ordered some boots so we'll see how it goes. The problem Mrs Blacktailer has is that her feet are REALLY narrow. AAAA is as narrow as shoes come and it seems no one makes boots. Like I said in the OP, we have had to have her riding boots custom made but were hoping to avoid that route.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Have gun- Will travel

one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
Best of luck , let us know how they fit. I'm sure I will probably be in the market for a pair for my youngest before next fall.

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
We got some of these
http://www.onlineshoes.com/wom...-ws-stone-p_id177976
The narrows are narrow enough for Mrs Blacktailer if she uses an extra insole and she likes them.

Have gun- Will travel