New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "Ryan Campbell outfitter" buck...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was looking for a last minute deer hunt to fill a second tag and Mr. Campbell came through for me...

The marlin 336 35 rem bang/flopped him real good!

Thanks again Mr. Campbell-hope to hunt on your stuff again next year...

Dave

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Dave-

That is a terrific buck! Congratulations!

As to Ryan Campbell, while I have yet to hunt with him, I have heard nothing but glowing reports from a number of individuals.

I am going to have to give him a call some day...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty buck! How about the full details?

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
....what Ann said. :-)

Pony up the details Dave.

Congrats,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Great looking buck. Congratulations. thumb

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great deer,love the color and facial markings,big bases!WOW congradulations

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great buck.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Dave... west Texas?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
not west Texas...came out of brownwood.

Story goes like this:

Got in about 1pm, took a tour of the property and was up in the best looking stand by 3 pm-about30 minutes goes by and a couple of does show up and 5 minutes later a young 4 pt comes in as well. 10 minutes after that a nice wide 8 pt came in and it got interesting real quick-the 8 pt rattled the 4 pts cage and grunt/hissed at him-I would have swore he spit at him as well-4 pt tucks tail and runs-comes back in 10 minutes later and gives the 8 pt all the room he can! I wathed the nice 8 pt for almost an hour talking myself into and out of shooting him-he was young...probably 3.5 years old, but we was nice and WIDE! I probably pulled the hammer back on him 10-12 times...then right at dark, I had about talked myself into taking the 8 when a third deer came strutting in-it was too dark to count points but he was tall, REAL tall-he and the 8 point kind of started to square off, but the 8 pt reluctantly gave way...and if I had 30 seconds more daylight I would have popped the 3rd buck I saw in that stand!! He never gave me a good shot presentation and I ran out of light, so I passed. My little brother was coming in that night anyhow, so I knew where he was gonna sit in the morning!! He is fairly new to hunting and I really wanted him to have a chance at a good one.

Next morning we get up and in stand about 1 hour before daylight-he is in the stand I was in and I get in one only a couple-hundred yards away-wanted to stay close so I could help him if he needed it...about 45 minutes after daylight a couple of does come in and this 10 pt is on their tails...took only one look and KNEW he was the one I wanted to shoot-waited for a good broad side shot and popped him! Got out to make sure he was down for good and went back to my stand to sit and wait-

little brother said he say the same wide 8 pt twice that morning, but wanted to hold out for something bigger-turns out he should have shot the 8 'cause we only saw smaller deer the rest of the weekend-he had a good time anyhow and learned smoething in the process-if you see a deer you want to take-shoot him! He also learned that Turkeys will run deer off a feeder so take rocks into the stand with you so you can chase off the birds! The stand he was in was right next to a high fence place and we was lucky enough to get picts of a MONSTER 12 pt that stayed in that corner for a good bit of time-he called me asking how hard it would be to dig a hole large enough to drag the deer under...but I talked him out of that Wink

anyhow, we had fun with it-lots of deer and some good ones to boot...Mr. Campbell fixed us up real good for sure!

I appreciate the interest and hope you all had a Merry Christmas

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, Congratulations on a fine Buck and a good story to go with it.

Looks like the Hocks indicate they are still in the Rut.

Good Hunting and continued clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good buck, good story and good gun.
Congrats!

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote