Notify
Tools

Red Stag in Maine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Luce:
Please don't shoot the dog. I will stop posting as of now. You must also stop posting and let the topic die.

I posted the testimonies to prove a point, There are a lot of open minded people, good people that don't share your close minded opinion of hunt preserves.

Each to his own..........!

Not counting this one, I have only posted once to this thread.....I did a quick check of your post history and only found 2 out of 37 that were not trying to sell hunts in your little pen......although I REALLY wanted to, I said nothing critical of your operation.....but your spam posts are really too much!

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some people can get lost in a city park and think it's wilderness. I think you would have a hard time impressing real hunters who have hunted real wild animals in a real wilderness. By the way one of your testimonial witnessess wrote it was quite an adventure for him just to drive 2000 miles on the highway just to get to your place. Then suffer through living in a cabin without television (or he wouldn't have made a note of it) Then you open the gates and take him on a walk into pen then leave him for a while and wait for him to shoot and then reappear to take care of his trophy, is that because he would be lost and couldn't find his way out of the pen. Probably couldn't be trusted with a knife to gut the animal if he knew how. Oh! I know, it gives you time to go to the feeder at the edge of the pen and shoo some "poor dumb farm animal" oops, I mean wary skittish wild quarry off the feed pile so he will run by the hunter way back in the unexplored virgin wilderness of the pen.

aka. bushrat

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Luce:
My name is Kraig Kiger, Life Member NAHC

North American Hunting Club, huh? Well, that explains a lot.

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

How many head of deer are on the 100 acre parcel during a hunt?

Thanks for sharing the acreage numbers. I know many many hunters east of the Mississippi who hunt on 5 to 20 acre lots.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is true AC but the deer hunted on those small parcels are not confined to them.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark Luce--If I understand the situation correctly,you own the land and have a non native species available for people to shoot. To do this,you have to get the animals from some place--probably buy them. Being a non native species that you own,state game laws would not be applicable. Land owners here could do the same thing with their Herfords IF they could convince someone they are "hunting". Selling their Herfords this way they could get a lot more money for them than selling at the market. You are indeed an enterprising person. You have marketing skills and are indeed a good salesman. I cant fault you for having the know how to make a few $$. When my kids were younger and couldn't go to sleep--until they learned the difference I had a sleeping pill that would knock them out. I rolled up a piece of bread and they thought it was a sleeping pill and it worked. I wouldn't try that trick on a pharmacist. I am surprised you are trying to call your operation hunting on this forum---tell us its a piece of rolled up bread. Less than 100 acres and fenced--yep it's rolled up bread.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skibum,

Point taken.

carpetman,

I have "hunted" steers in a manner similar to that which you describe. I did not pay more than market value for them though, why the heck would I.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ass_Clown--You have killed a steer in fashion I described--but did not pay more than market value. You ask why should I? Well the guy didnt sell you on the idea you were hunting,thus only charged market value. Sometimes the difference in rape and seduction is salesmanship.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mark,

There are still quite a few deer parks here in the UK that approximate that size, some smaller and some bigger and they are usually stocked with either Fallow or Red Deer. I have culled deer in these Parks, but there primary roll is "ornimental" these days...

I too would be interested in learning what your stocking density is...Are the animals realease into the main preserve just prior to the hunt or do the live in it normally?

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote