New
Find
Notify
Tools

buffalo cow hunts
 Login/Join

<socal hunter>
posted
I am looking to do a buffalo cow meat hunt this fall winter. Where is the closest place to do this from california. I am looking for inexpensive. I dont care for a trophy. I am looking to fill the freezer. Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a place in Nebraska that does meat hunts. Cows are running $800 this year. Drop me a line if you are interested near the time you'd like to do it.

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Socal,

Try this thread

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=000060

Rodney runs a first class operation and all of the cows that we harvested were in great shape.
Tell him the boys from NM sent him your way.

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I have a place in Nebraska that does meat hunts.

Ann,
Where in Neb. and what times of the year?

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Rimrock>
posted
$675 for a cow here in Montana.
http://www.cowboyhvn.com/bison_hunts.htm
If you do some digging, you can find buffalo for a bit less, and if you're not picky about the circumstances, for downright cheap. But ours are hard to beat for making a fun weekend out of it. The setting is scenic, there's great fishing literally a couple of hundred yards away, a campground close at hand, hot springs and hiking and coyote hunting and yes, even restaurants and shopping (just in case you have someone along for whom that's a concern)!
Plus the guys that take you out & help you choose, plus do the field dressing & loading are top-notch. Not just my opinion; that's been the overwhelming consensus of the thousand plus folks who've participated over the last two years.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
WyoJoe, near North Platte and basically when ever you want. Just that cows will be calving soon and I'd recommend a cold weather jaunt (October through February) so you have a nice hide to boot as well as meat.

I've got a crock pot of bison stew cooking right now. It will be ready when I get home from work. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! [Smile]

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote