THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Colorado plains deer and elk on private land

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado plains deer and elk on private land
 Login/Join

posted
When I get back to the states sometime next month, I'm thinking of trying to get a leftover cow elk tag for units 104/105/106. Problem is, it's a private land only hunt and I don't have any connections yet, and until a few months ago I had no idea elk even came that far east, So I don't know where to find 'em. I also have a doe deer tag for units 105/106 for 1-14 December. Anybody know where (on the web, I'm kinda liited as far as phone calls from Asia) I can find info about getting permission to hunt private land in those areas?

Posts: 18 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from ya again CO Roadkill. Back in a month huh? Does CO have a website with a list of private landowners you could email for permission? Maybe a public land hunt would be possible if you can't connect with a private landowner. If there's anything I can do to help you out, shoot me an email. FYI, I should be heading back to Alaska in a couple months. Keep your head down,

Stacy

Posts: 449 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sep,
You still at Vandyland with the same email address? I'm in "Pick a Stan" for asnother month and a half or so. I'll try to email you in a bit.

It's pretty much all private land in those units, and the elk tag specifies private land only.

I haven't been able to find a website with any landowner info yet.

Also, did you see my post in Small Calibers? What o you think of that plan? I know you're pretty much a one (big) rifle type, but I really don't need a .338 or .375 for coyotes and deer!

Karl

Posts: 18 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote