New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Buck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A game warden friend of mine took this photo of a nice Wyoming buck. A great deer, nice to know the warden was keeping an eye on this guy so the scum sucking bottom feeding poaching pieces of you know what didn't do him in.
Who ever thinks big deer aren't in Wyoming any more are full of crap!!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1214/4238164/8890230/122249436.jpg[/IMG]]

MG

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Thats an AWESOME 3pt! Thanks for posting the picture. Madgoat, what part of WY are you in? I am in Cheyenne about once a week.

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live in the north part of the state. The deer is actually a 5x3 not counting his little brow tines. We figure he is at least 40", if not more.

I just hope he bred every doe he could!

This year WY has had a real problem with our transient oil/gas workers coming into the state and killing the piss outta things. Then to make matters worse, they end up drilling on those areas these deer need the most to make it through the winter. Oil and gas development = less deer, plain and simple.

MG

posted Hide Post
I'd say 40" is not a bad guess at all. thumb

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Amazing.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
I'm suprised the wolves haven't got him.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure would like to something like that in the Southeast. With antlers like that it would be hard for him to walk around here. Thanks for the pic.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am like you, as soon as one of the white trash rig workers see him they will shoot it. Right now there is a reward of $1000 for two bull elk killed near Meeteetse, one was a 7x7 and a 5x6. It is getting worse.

That is a beauty no doubt!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Two big bulls were killed just south of here about a montha go, Heads and horns only taken, there is a reward but no one is talking...yet.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
that bucks nickname s/b heart attack!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would do if I couldn't find anything bigger.:-)

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote