THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    looking 4 an outfitter-SE Kansas, East NM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking 4 an outfitter-SE Kansas, East NM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In western Kansas, East NM, or SE Colorado-something with in reasonable driving distance from North West Texas-would love to hunt whitetail, mule deer and maybe, just maybe elk-2-4k price range and I am not picky about accomidations-I know I am too late for areas where you have to draw a tag...but what links do you have?

Dave

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
You might try Tim Barraclaugh of Kiowa Hunting Services in Raton, NM.

www.qualityhunt.com

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I have got a kid in KS that you need to call. I will PM you with the info.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted Hide Post
I think the $2k - $4k number in Eastern - North Eastern New Mexico for elk is not going to be possible. The bulk of the land is private as in Texas and the landowners realize wildlife is more valuable than cattle. Antelope hunts run in the $2500 range with permit in that part of the state. MuleDeer is in the $3500 - $4000 range and elk are $6000 on the low end and probably $7K as realistic.

I used to hunt in NE New Mexico it was an 8 hour drive from the house and tremendous hunting. Unfortunately, the price of the hunts even tresspass fees have gotten out of site. I can go and do a 1st Class African Plains Game hunt for the same or less than a Elk Hunt in that part of New Mexico.

If you are interested, I know some awesome outfitters - great people and tremendous animals I would be happy to put you in touch with.

Posts: 126 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote