New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose/Mt. Goat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone done a moose/mt. goat combo hunt?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I suggest that you look at the Collingwood Brothers in B.C. ( http://www.collingwoodbros.com/index.htm) They are a topnotch, ethical outfit with an excellent area. They offer moose/goat/ mountain caribou combos. Your choice 2 out of the three.

I've hunted with the Collingwoods three times and have never been dissapointed. Hope this helps.

Posts: 152 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to the Turnagain River this October 4-13 with outfitter Tom Vince. Was recommended to me by a trustworthy source. Looking forward to it and would gladly share the post-morten with you.

Posts: 200 | Location: alberta canada | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Mark

I hunted both Moose and Mountain goat with Taku Safaris in Northern British Colombia. It is in my opinion the best area to get a B&C goat, the populations of the animals are excellent, and the area is beautiful. The outfitter will take you up stream on the Steekin river and you will start seeing goats from the drop camp, and hunt them on these most beautiful mountains.

For the Moose he will fly you into remote fly camps with a float plane, both animals are abundant in his area. 10 days is enough to get both.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. I'm thinking I might try to do this next year, the hills aren't getting smaller and I aint getting any younger. Any details you care to share would be great.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Mark

The best time to hunt is from Sept. 20 through Oct. 10. The Moose are in Rut and can be called in, and the Goats have excellent coats.

Hope you have a great hunt.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote