Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting hunt this year.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
I hooked up with an old friend this year for the deer hunt who scouted a spot that he thought looked pretty good. He was right. We were 3 for 3 by Sunday morning (2nd day).

Unbeknowst to us, there were 2500 acres of private land there that were sold back to F&G for managment purposes. Never saw so many critters in one place in my life. Lots of Moose. Cows, calfs, bulls. We spotted them so often that it made one wary while hiking around for fear of bumping into one.

I popped a 3 point opening morning at the same exact spot that we saw a cow moose and her calf the night before.

On the way out I talked to a guy whos group filled 10 of 11 tags on the bowhunt.

Plenty of Elk too.

So if your a public land hunter who is wondering, "where have all the animals gone", there is your answer. The private land owners have assumed managment and ownership. Hell, Ill bet a good trophy pays those "ranchers" better than a side of black angus beef..

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote