Find
Notify
Tools

Trip of my life gettig closer!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
At Oct. 18 I�m leaving Sweden for a two month trip down under

The main object of the trip is to participate in the benchrest world championships in Nelson, New Zealand.

After the WBC is done I�m doing some hunting in N.Z for Gems, Thar and mabye some deer and wild boars. I hope to do some trout fishing as well.

At Nov. 13 I�m going to Sidney and continue my trip in Australia. There will be some hunting and benchrest shooting there to. I�m going to shoot my first 1000 y BR match ever in Camberra Nov 25.

The flight home is sceduled to Dec 17 from Sidney.

I think I will enjoy this trip....... a lot!

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
A whole two months! Man am I jealous. Enjoy it. 1000 yards is just like 600 except more windage .... a lot more windage!

Don

<Mats>
posted
Amenfaan, � man typ fett j�la avensjuk p�rej eller..? F�rmodligen!

Lycka till d�rnere, b�de med VM och jakten! Vad blir det f�r b�ssor du kommer att jaga med d�? Jag lovar att jag ska f�rs�ka skjuta n�n �lg �t dig h�r hemma medan du �r borta...

-- Mats

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two months!!!! WOW!! Aren't you breaking a hallowed tradition in Sweden by not taking your vacation in July? Sounds like a lot of fun though! How long have you been setting this up? You must have been planning this trip for a long time.
Have a terrific time! Hopefully we can talk some while I am in Umea.

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The trip have been planned for some two years now

Yes the vacation month here in Swe. is july. I�ve not had a single day of my vacation days this year yet (have some saved from last year as well). I�m getting quite fed up of working, but there is a light in the end of the tunnel now

I�ll contact your friend in Bygde� and arrange a meeting during next week!

Isn�t the internet a faboulus thing after all!

Mats.

I�m bringing a Sako 591 chambered for a 6,5 wildcat. Home made carbon/glass stock and a Leupold 4,5-14 on top.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stefan
I like to wish a good neighbor all the best for the upcoming championship and the trip down south. Used to spend quite a few summers in the Ume� / Pite� / �-vik area when the kids was small. Really nice and hot summers there.
All the best from across the border, Arild

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Stefan:
...chambered for a 6,5 wildcat.

Uhmm, a 3-4 mm shortened x55 perhaps..?

-- Mats

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank�s Arild!

Ume� is ruffly inbetween Pite� and �-vik so you probably have been here several times!

To bad there isn�t any Norwegians going for the WBC this time.

Mats.

Exactly

The case have a "6 BR" shape, 51 mm long. The volume is close to 6,5X55. There is no problem shooting 140 gr. bullets at 850 m/s.

Stefan.