Find
Notify
Tools

Moose hunting in Canada
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
I've long thought of going after moose in Canada. My friend is a Big Game Biologist and when I was picking his brain for some ideas, he said he didn't think it would be to hard to get one.

I followed his advice, and started scouting. It's amazing how well these trail cam's work! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
Will you be hunting with a bow or rifle? If you are hunting with a bow, stand placement will be much more critical, but I would likely choose one of the trees located within 10 yards of the inflatable swimming pool - depending on wind direction. If you will be rifle hunting, I would likely sit in the vehicle or barn.

Looks like you may not have much of a drag either way.

Good Luck Big Grin

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Not many responses. I guess maybe it's not as funny to others as it was to me. I didn't take the pic's, but this was the first time I've seen this.
I have seen other pictures of moose being nosey, but none of them taking over childrens play things. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Looks like you may not have much of a drag either way".

I would suggest putting the pool in the back of the truck and then you can kill two birds with one stone. clap

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don"t moose head for water if they"re wounded?
maybe you could put the pool in the truck, shoot him in the ass, then again in the head when he jumps in the pool.
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think a sling shot or a BB gun would get you your moose based on this photographic evidence. Or, just put some Ambien in the swimming pool and when he goes to sleep - bash him in the head with a club...

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or, just put some Ambien in the swimming pool and when he goes to sleep - bash him in the head with a club...

animal

no lie--especially not from a preacher, mind you--many years ago, my uncle was in the woods the day before the Wisconsin deer season with nothing but an axe.

He bumped a doe that had been beded down. That deer was so surprised and scared stiff that it ran full-tilt into a big oak and knocked itself cold.

He went over to it and hammering

Seriously, no lie!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Photo, that Moose just wanted to cool off and a Peter Griffin pool just had to do. Look pretty dry were ever that was. Now for Moose hunting, Canada has plenty, it becomes a queston of how much your pocket book can afford. Newfoundland is good if you are looking for a meat bull, The Yukon would be a choice place to go if you are looking for a big rack. Yea who ever owns that place could have shot that bull right in the pool and be done with it. Looks like his shong is well you can guess.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Bull.
If you look an excellent moose hunt see my report ( (rest of the world) of my moose hunt in NFL

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote