New
Find
Notify
Tools

CWD hits Whitetails in New York
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fellow Members: Chronic Wasting Disease has been found in a captive whitetail doe in New York:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/yahoo/bal-md.deer01apr01,0,6347727.story?coll=bal-newsaol-headlines

Thanks, Dad, for taking me into the Great Outdoors.

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
For a detailed press release from the NY Dept. of Agriculture and Markets, click here:

http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us/AD/release.asp?ReleaseID=1420

More information is likely to follow in the upcoming week.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
Ok, then. If this deer has been raised in NY, from stock that has always been in NY. How did this animal get CWD. You can't tell me that it spread all the way from Wisconsin or Illinois without any known cases in between. No one has been able to establish the genesis of this disease, although Purdey has come up with the most evidence but is totally discounted due to politics. The establishment science on this situation is junk science at its worst.

http://www.markpurdey.com/

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jackfish, I'll agree with you there .Do a little research on the subject and you'll have lots of questions. For a disease that has no known connection with man there's much hysteria.

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
I have not done any research on this subject but isn't this disease related to grain feed animals . and maybe they recently have received new stock . Or just maybe its n the grain? Lets just hope that there arent a few deer up there with this as they are realy good at jumping fences . Later Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
There goes the whole East coast Frowner

Then, they will go from N.Y. up into Canada again (Quebec, Ontario).

All we need now is for CWD to end up mutating into some form of BSE or CJD.
sofa

eek2

While I do not know what I speak of (nor do many people when it comes to CWD), you gotta admit that this disease deserves some serious attention. It might foreever change the way we hunt deer and elk.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stop farming the damn deer and elk! It is so easy but they make it seem so hard.

Posts: 52 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
A second case of CWD has now been confirmed - more details at:

www.dec.state.ny.us

and

www.agmkt.state.ny.us/AI/cwd.html

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote