Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Do you eat what you shoot?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
If I kill it, I eat it, with the exception of varmints (coyotes, small rodents, crows, city pigeons, skunks, etc).

Rather fond of bear, and most deer family members (though sage-brush deer can be hard to swallow). I make it a point to try and shoot alfalfa fed deer. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot much that I don't plan to eat. Carp, coyotes and crows are another matter, something will eat them, but it won't be me.

Posts: 14612 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take it easy on me!

I will be the first to admit that I don't eat anything I shoot. Having said that I don't waste anything either except coyotes and groundhogs. I give them away or cook them to entertain friends and relatives.

Can't explain why I don't eat anything that I kill. If someone gives me some of his or her harvest I will eat, just not my own.

Danny Boy

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I kill for meat, except grizzly/brown bears, and wolves. Moose antlers, unless they are over 50" are of no interest to me, but I only hunt moose for its meat.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote